Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Exploring The Valley of the Gehinnom And A Sudden Lunch At A Hole Into The Netherworld.Then Hakeldama. And Saddam.



I just had to revisit the valley of Gehinnom. Panoramic shots!


The top center - one can see spooky, millennia-old caves with mortuary tunnels.
The Valley widens into the famous Hakeldama, (in Jeremiah), or Field of Blood in Aramaic. The seeping spring water keeps the trees green in this rainless season. 




For me the place means a peaceful lunch break. 





In this grotto I found this chair. In the back of this grotto you can see a gaping hole. I said Greetings in 6 languages, English, Russian, Yiddish, Hebrew, Aramaic, Arabic, and heard nothing but resounding echoes of myself. I threw a rock, and it took a long time to hit the bottom. I forgot to count the seconds.
I cleaned up the chair, had a snack of granola and dried peas, drank plenty of water. 
 I came out of the valley. An Arab saw me, and told me all I already knew about the place, added a slightly changed Islamic version, and then raised his finger and almost whispered: "It's is very bad to be here, because the spirit Saddam Hussein is here, underground."
I do like panoramas.


No comments: